Hello friends. I’m back, and not entirely sure who still cares to pay me a visit here. I’ve been itching to blog again for a while now, but adulting has not been easy. My initial hiatus was the outcome of some self reflection on life. I can’t pinpoint when exactly it happened, but blogging began to feel like a chore. I often flip back a few years to relive some of my days and I remember how effortless it felt to just type.
As I got older, somewhat wiser, I think I felt obligated to write something more meaningful. Silly me. No one cares. It’s not like my blog is listed on the top 100 list of pages to follow. Nobody follows a nobody, but that feeling of obligation added an unnecessary stress to my life. I needed a break. So here I am now… Laying in bed and trying not to overthink and perfect every word in every sentence of every paragraph.
My title hardly reflects anything I’ve typed thus far, so here are the cliff notes to the wonderful, yet stressful events of my life in relations to adulting:
1. Finally feeling like I have a purpose at my new job.
2. Getting engaged and needing to plan a wedding.
3. After several delays, the new home is so, so close to being done. I have never loved yet hated shopping so much.
4. Managing my expenses because I definitely need to do that more often now.
5. Trying to juggle time between family, friends, my other half and myself.